The work of an MSP is extremely varied and we represent our constituent in many different ways.
- Lodge motions to allow other MSPs to show their support for an issue or to gather support from MSPs to have the issue debated in Parliament
- Attend committee meetings which deal with particular bills or issues
- Speak in a debate about a bill or an issue
- Introduce a bill to change law
- Propose an amendment to a bill passing through the Parliament
- Ask the Scottish Government a question or write to the relevant Cabinet Secretary or Minister
- Refer matters to, or ask questions of, another person or organisation
- Help raise the profile of an issue in the media
We split our time between working in Parliament and working in the constituency. In Parliament, I voting on and scrutinising legislation that is in the best interest of my constituents in the North East Scotland region, in addition to raising local concerns in debates and meetings. When I'm in the North East, I regularly hold surgeries for my constituents in their local communities, where they can come and talk to me about any local issues they might be experiencing. I also attend local meetings, events, and spend time visiting a range of local businesses and organisations.
If you are a constituent and have a problem that you think I might be able to help with, please contact me using the details below:
Telephone: 01224 539 577
Address: Liam Kerr MSP, 80 Rosemount Place, Aberdeen, AB25 8XN